At Ikano we believe in keeping the information you give us safe. We follow strict security procedures on how your personal information is stored and used. By using our website, you are agreeing to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
Ikano is registered with the Information Commissioner as a data controller and a data processor and we comply with all current data protection laws.
This policy describes how we collect, use and look after the information you provide us with when you visit our site.
Our website contains links to other third party websites. We do not have any control over these websites so please refer to their privacy policies if you decide to follow one of these links.
Information we may hold:
- information that you have provided to us including but not limited to when you:
o enter competitions, prize draws or promotions which we are promoting.
o sign up to marketing/newsletters including by email and SMS.
- information you provide to us when applying through the Website for registration, subscribing to any of our services or requesting further services.
- if you contact us for any reason, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- we may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- information we collect using cookies stored on your device. Please see the section on cookies for more information and how to manage them.
- your IP address.
- details of your visits to the website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data and other communication data and the resources, advertisements and linked sites that you access.
- information provided to us by other companies who have obtained your permission to share information about you.
What information do we collect?
This is what we normally collect about you to help us provide you with Ikano services, and to improve them even more, where we can:
- contact details such as name, address, email and telephone number (including mobile number).
- in order to help us develop and improve our website we collect information about how you use the site. This includes details of your domain name and Internet Protocol (IP) address, operating system, browser version, cookie details, how long you stayed on a page, the route you took to navigate through the pages and the website that you visited prior to accessing our site. (Please refer to our Cookies Policy for further information)
- other data we occasionally ask you to provide us with, for example now and again we might ask if you would be willing to fill in a survey, just so you can let us know how we're doing.
- we may ask you to create usernames and passwords so that you can access secure areas of the site, such as for online account management.
Using your information
Collecting this information helps us better understand what you need from us. We use it to offer you products and services that we hope will be of interest to you. The main uses of your data are:
- to enable us to review, develop and improve the products and services.
- to send you details of products, services, special offers and rewards from us or on behalf of our retail partners, or other third parties, if you have consented to us using your data in this way.
Disclosing your information
Here's when we may provide information about you:
- to Ikano employees to deal with any accounts, products and services provided to you by us.
- with your agreement, to other associated companies whose products and services may be of interest to you.
- we may use aggregate information and statistics for the purposes of monitoring website usage in order to help us develop the website and our service and may provide such anonymised aggregate information to third parties for example content partners and advertisers. These statistics will not include information that can be used to identify you personally. Please refer to our Cookies Policy for further details.
We will not pass on your personal information to third parties except in accordance with this policy and our Terms and Conditions or where we are required by law to disclose that information.
Protecting your information
Any information sent to us by customers via our secure website is protected by encryption using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. This is industry standard encryption technology that protects your data whilst being sent over the internet from being intercepted and misused by third parties. When it reaches us, we then store it on secure servers so that it can only be read by authorised personnel.
We take security extremely seriously but as no system is 100% secure, we can’t completely guarantee the protection of your personal information, any more than any other organisation can. So we can’t accept any liability for the loss, theft or misuse of your personal details when they are processed on this website or the internet generally.
We will never ask you to send us confidential information by email and any emails with such requests will not have been sent by us. We advise that all such emails are deleted without opening links or attachments as these may contain viruses, trojans or other harmful code.
Accessing your information
You have full access to all information stored about you. You can ask us at any time to give you details about what your information is being used for and who else might see it. You may have to pay a small administration fee for this. Also, please ask if you would like us to change or delete any personal information you have previously given us. If we can we will, but sometimes we have to keep your records for legal reasons. If you'd like us to send your information, you can write to our team at the address at the bottom of this policy.
Marketing our products and services
Subject to your consent, we may contact you by mail, telephone, email, other electronic messaging services (such as text or voice messages including using automated calling systems) with information about relevant products and services (including discounts and special offers). We will not disclose your personal information to third parties for marketing purposes without your consent.
If you wish to receive information and offers from us and other companies, and you have not previously given us your consent, let us know by emailing us at email@example.com. If you're already receiving information about special offers and rewards from us then don't worry, you don't need to do anything. We'll assume that you're happy to continue receiving information unless we hear from you. However if you no longer wish to receive such information from us please contact our customer services team. Remember that if you say you do not wish to receive any promotional material from us, this will preclude you from receiving any of our special offers or promotions which may be of interest to you.
Cookies are small files placed on your computer's hard drive, or in your browser memory when you visit our website. They tell us what parts of the site you visit, what you like and what's most relevant to you. What cookies don't do is store any personal or confidential information about you.
Click here to read more about our Cookies Policy including details on how to opt out from cookies
Transfer of your personal data outside the EU
Countries outside the European Union may have a lower standard of protection for personal information than that required by UK and European Data Protection Legislation. If we need to transfer your data to a company based outside the EU, we will take steps to make sure your personal data is handled in line with UK law.
Any changes we make to our policy will be put on our website. Please check for updates from time to time, so you’re always fully aware of what information we collect, how it’s used and under what circumstances it may be passed on.
If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information you should write to the Data Protection Officer, Ikano Bank AB (publ), PO Box 10081, Waterfront House, Waterfront Plaza, Station Street, Nottingham, NG2 9LX.
This policy was last updated on 18/08/15